Summertime is the time for getting in shape and enjoying the outdoors. And if obtaining a beach-ready body isn’t enough motivation for you, here are seven additional good reasons to get yourself in gear.
1. Exercising improves your mood – Had a stressful day? Feeling a little down that you are not outside enjoying the sunshine? Well, locate time to take a quick walk! Physical activity stimulates brain chemicals that leave you feeling happier and far more relaxed. And because you will appear and feel far better, your confidence and self-esteem will improve.
2. Exercising combats chronic diseases – With exercise you can help prevent type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and specific kinds of cancer. You can also fight off heart disease as physical exercise helps manage blood pressure, increases “good” cholesterol while reducing triglycerides and keeps the blood flowing smoothly as it lowers the buildup of plaque in your arteries.
3. Physical exercise helps manage your weight – And aside from improving your physical appearance, weight loss just makes you a more healthy individual. You can start running or try yoga for your workout. Or fit it into your day by taking the stairs rather than the elevator. Walk while on your lunch break. Get up and do some jumping jacks through a commercial!
4. Physical exercise boosts your power level – Individuals today lead a busy life – there are errands, kids, and fun stuff that we all appreciate. Physical activity delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and benefits your entire cardiovascular system. When your heart and lungs function far more efficiently, you will have additional energy to do the things you get pleasure from.
5. Exercising promotes superior sleep – Although you’ll find plenty of methods to improve your sleeping habits (including investing in bamboo sheets), regular physical activity will help you fall asleep quicker and deepen your sleep. Be careful though – in the event you exercise too close to bedtime, you may be too energized to fall asleep.
6. Working out puts the spark back into your sex life – Even though you might think that working out makes you too tired for sex, the opposite is true. Not only do you look and feel better about your self, but physical exercise can lead to enhanced arousal for both men and women.
7. Exercising can be Enjoyable! – You just need to make it enjoyable. Take a ballroom dancing class or get adventurous and visit a climbing wall. Play with your children at the playground or organize a neighborhood kickball game. Engaging your friends and loved ones in exercise leads not only to a healthier body but more healthy loved ones so go ahead and make it a group outing!
Though you’re reaping quite a few benefits from physical exercise, make certain to invest in the right clothing. Surprisingly, bamboo clothing is ideal for working out (no matter how moderate) as it has amazing wicking properties and is odor-resistant. Bamboo clothing is also thermo-regulating so it will help keep you cool throughout these hot summer months. women’s bamboo socks